CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: BOOK REVIEW EDITOR, THE EDITH WHARTON REVIEW
The Editors of The Edith Wharton Review, now published by Penn State University Press, are seeking applications for the position of Book Review Editor. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the solicitation, acceptance, and review process for books submitted to the journal for review. Among the responsibilities are the following:
- Identify books that are appropriate for review
- Sustain a healthy flow of book reviews in consultation with the Editors
- Obtain review copies from publisher and send them out to reviewers
- Identify potential reviewers and solicit book review submissions
- Liaise with the author of the book review
- Oversee the editing of all book reviews
- Consult with the Editors regarding the final version of the book review
Please send a letter of application and CV to Editor Meredith Goldsmith (email@example.com) and to Associate Editors Sharon Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Paul Ohler (Paul.Ohler@kpu.ca).
Edith Wharton Review is a peer-reviewed, MLA-indexed, scholarly journal publishing scholarship on Edith Wharton, Wharton in the context of other authors, and Wharton in relation to other writers of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Its audience is the community of scholars and readers dedicated to the understanding of Edith Wharton’s work and its role in late nineteenth and early twentieth-century culture.
Edith Wharton Review is the official refereed publication of the Edith Wharton Society. The Edith Wharton Society is an Allied Organization of the Modern Language Association, founded in 1983. A growing organization of scholars, students, and enthusiasts, the Edith Wharton Society promotes interest in the writing and life of Edith Wharton and her associates.
For more on the journal, see http://www.psupress.org/journals/jnls_EWR.html