The updated EWS Membership Directory is now available at https://edithwhartonsociety.wordpress.com/membership/directory/. Thanks to Membership Chair Myrto Drizou for making it available.
Special thanks are due to the EWS Lifetime members who have rejoined the Society.
If you are a member of the Edith Wharton Society but your membership has lapsed, you can renew by check or PayPal on the Membership Page: https://edithwhartonsociety.wordpress.com/membership/
The minutes from the MLA Business Meeting are now available: Wharton Board meeting Jan 9
The Edith Wharton Society welcomes its new and continuing officers and Executive Board members:
- President Emily Orlando firstname.lastname@example.org Fairfield University
- Immediate Past President Meredith Goldsmith email@example.com Ursinus University
- Vice President Paul Ohler firstname.lastname@example.org Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Secretary Melanie Dawson email@example.com College of William & Mary
- Treasurer Carole Shaffer-Koros firstname.lastname@example.org Kean University
Ex Officio Members of the Executive Board
- Editor of the Edith Wharton Review Meredith Goldsmith email@example.com Ursinus University
- Webmaster Donna Campbell firstname.lastname@example.org Washington State University
Current At-large Executive Board Members
- Arielle Zibrak, University of Wyoming email@example.com (January 1, 2015-January 1, 2017)
- Shannon Brennan, UCLA firstname.lastname@example.org (January 1, 2015-January 1, 2017)
- Mary Carney email@example.com University of North Georgia (June 1, 2014-June 1, 2016)
- Sharon Kim firstname.lastname@example.org Judson University (June 1, 2014-June 1, 2016)
The minutes from the ALA business meeting are available at https://edithwhartonsociety.wordpress.com/membership/ews-business-2/2014-5-24-ala/
From Meredith Goldsmith:
Both amendments to the by-laws on which we voted on line (making the webmaster an ex-officio Board member and limiting the term of the editor) passed.
We request a vote from Society members on two amendments to the by-laws of the EWS, both discussed at MLA in January. The first involves adding the webmaster to the Exec Board ex-officio; the second modifies the term of the Editor of the _EWR_ from five years to three to five years. For the first, the rationale is to ensure good communication between the webmaster, the Board, and the Society at large; the second is to allow for more frequent rotation of editors and to increase opportunities for participation in the journal.
In each case, please give a yes or no vote. Voting will close at the ALA in May.