Nomination Form for the EWS Executive Board and Secretary Positions
Members of the Edith Wharton Society are invited to nominate candidates for an at-large membership on the Executive Board. Self-nominations are also permitted.
Duties of Board Members:
1. Board members customarily serve for two years and are expected to attend Board meetings and EWS business meetings at conferences (when possible).
2. Board members are expected to participate in e-mail discussions of Board business.
3. Board members are expected to referee articles for the Edith Wharton Review .
Both nominator and proposed nominee must be members of the Edith Wharton Society. Please check this information before nominating someone, since nominations not meeting this requirement will not be placed on the ballot. Self-nominations are also permitted.
You will also need to provide the following information:
1. The person’s name, address, e-mail address, and qualifications for serving.
2. Your name, address, and e-mail address (to confirm the nomination).
3. Assurance that the proposed nominee is willing to run and, if elected, to serve on the board.
If you would like to nominate someone please provide the information below and send the nomination by e-mail to [add Irene Goldman Price’s e-mail address] before the closing date of
Download a copy of the nomination form here (in .doc format) to send to Irene Goldman-Price or send the information below in an e-mail to her.
|1. This nomination is for||__Secretary
__EWS Executive Board Member
|2. Name of proposed nominee:|
|3. Nominee’s e-mail address|
|4. Have you confirmed this person’s willingness to run for this office?||__Yes, he/she would like to run.
__I’m not sure.
|5. Is the person you’re nominating a member of the Edith Wharton Society?||__Yes, he/she is currently a member of the Edith Wharton Society
__I’m not sure.
|6. If this nomination is for Secretary, has the person served on the EWS Executive Board before?||__Yes, he/she has served.
__No, he/she has not served.
|7. Qualifications for serving on the EWS Board or as EWS Secretary (include previous service, writings on Wharton, participation in scholarship or conferences related to Edith Wharton, etc.). Please write this in paragraph form, since it will be printed on the ballot and presented to the EWS membership. You can copy and paste the paragraph into this space.|
|8. Your name:||________________________________|
|9. Are you a member of the Edith Wharton Society?||__Yes, I am currently a member of the Edith Wharton Society
|10.Your email address (required for confirming the nomination.)||________________________________|
|11.Other comments or information:|